CIO Consumer Foods
Bernd has decades of experience in government, Fast Moving consumer goods, IT services and Food Machinery. After some years in the Austrian Ministry of Defense, he joined Mars Inc., where he held various regional and global roles. A short excursion into IT Services business followed. Since now 11 years, he has held the CIO position at Haas Food Equipment, a former family owned mid-size business, based in Austria, but with global footprint. Haas joined the Swiss Bühler Group in 2018. Since January 2019, Bernd is CIO of the Consumer Foods division at Bühler Group. Consumer Foods contains Wafer, Biscuit, Bakery, Chocolate& Coffee and Confectionery with around 800 M€ turnover.
He has gained 1st place at the “CIO of the year in mid-sized companies” in 2012 for a PLM project. Currently, the challenges are to harmonize the systems landscape, prepare for integration into the Bühler IT world, whilst balancing the many business needs in Digitization, IoT and Cloud technology.
The Swiss-based family owned company Bühler is a global, industrial solution provider for processing foods and for manufacturing advanced materials, contributing to food security and high energy efficiency.
The company holds globally leading market positions in technologies and methods for processing grain into flour and feed, as well as for the production of Wafer, biscuit and cookie machinery, mixing solutions, pasta, coffee, cocoa and chocolate, in die casting, wet grinding and surface coating. The company's core technologies are in the areas of mechanical and thermal process engineering.
Around 65% of the worldwide harvested grain is processed on Bühler mills, around 50% of all car taillamps or headlamps are getting metallized on Bühler machines. Every day, billions of people come into contact with Bühler technologies to cover their basic needs for foods, mobility, or communication. As a Swiss family-owned company, Bühler is active in in 140 countries around the world and operates a global network of 30 production sites.
The Austrian based Haas Group became part of Bühler in 2018. Haas is World market leader in Wafer and Biscuit baking plus mixing/aeration solutions.
In 2019, Haas was united with the Bühler parts of Bakery, Chocolate & Coffee and Confectionery to form the new division “Consumer Foods”.
- 2019 – present: CIO Consumer Foods of Bühler Group, Austria
- 2008 – present: CIO of Haas Food Equipment
- 2007 – 2008: Head of Organization at Raiffeisen Informatics
- 2001 – 2006: European Infrastructure Program Manager at Mars Inc.
- 1996 – 2001: Systems Manager Austria, Middle East and South Africa at Mars Inc.
- 1991 – 1996: IT manager Austria and Eastern Europe at Mars Inc.
- 1988 – 1990: IT Operations manager at Mars Inc.
- 1983 – 1987: Manager decentralized IT at Ministry of Defense, Austria
- 1976 – 1983: Informatics at Technical University Vienna, Master
- 1976 – 1979: Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration
- CIO des Jahres 2012, Kategorie "Mittelstand"
- „Top-CIO“ of Confare in Austria 2012