Milan Kumar is a Global IT Leader with vast experience in the field of digital Transformation & Analytics, Application Development, Product Development, Strategic Management, Operational Service Management, Innovation and CoEs setup with Global Delivery Model.
Milan is currently Global CIO of WABCO (NYSE :WAB) headquartered at Brussels, Belgium. He is driving Enterprise Transformation as well as Digital Transformation across the organization. Before this he was associated with NTL (part of Dimension Data, a NTT company) responsible for VP/ Global Head - IT Delivery & CIO for Fortune 500 Customers.
Milan was holding different Senior Management position at Volkswagen Group responsible for functioning of the biggest Volkswagen Group IT Competence Center/Global Inhouse Delivery Center providing matured Project and IT Services across the Brands, Regions of Volkswagen Group.
Milan brings professional IT expertise with focus on Manufacturing sector and is expert in Auto Industry specific solutions and processes know-how. Milan comes from strong Consulting background. He is himself SAP Certified Solution Consultant from SAP AG.
In the past he supported General Motor’s global SAP Solutions and was responsible for South America, Africa and Middle East (LAAM) operations and supporting 150+ Dealer’s network in South Africa. He was also associated with the operations in India. He was supporting General Motors brands like Chevrolet, Opel, Isuzu and the premium brands HUMMER, SAAB and Cadillac. He was instrumental in setting up Global Delivery Center for General Motors in Pune for Mphasis (EDS/ HP).
Milan also worked for BMW AG, Germany and part of implementation for MINI Cars in Oxford,UK for T-Systems. Additionally Milan worked with Fortune 500 companies like British Airways Plc, Arcandor AG (KARSTADT), Reliance Industries (RIL), JM Morgan Stanley gr., Atlas Copco AB etc.
WABCO (NYSE: WBC) is a leading global supplier of technologies and services that improve the safety, efficiency and connectivity of commercial vehicles. Founded nearly 150 years ago, WABCO continues to pioneer breakthrough innovations for advanced driver assistance, braking, stability control, suspension, transmission automation and aerodynamics. Partnering with the transportation industry as it maps a route toward autonomous driving, WABCO also uniquely connects trucks, trailers, cargo, drivers, business partners and fleet operators through advanced fleet management systems and mobile solutions. WABCO reported sales of $2.8 billion in 2016. Headquartered in Brussels, Belgium, WABCO has 13,000 employees in 40 countries.
- September 2017-present: Global CIO of WABCO, Belgium
- August 2016-August 2017: Vice President/Global Head – Delivery & CIO of NTL (part of Dimension Data, a NTT company)
- June 2015-August 2016: Member Board of Directors/Founder Director VW ITS
- August 2014-August 2016: Head Group IT RCC & CIO of Volkswagen India
- August 2012-July 2014: Head IT/Strategic Global IT Programs at Volkswagen AG, Germany
- May 2010-July 2012: Dy. Chief Information Officer (CIO) | Head - IT (Apps)at Volkswagen India
- January 2007-May 2010: Application Leader | Delivery Manager at Electronic Data Systems (EDS), US
- April 2005-December 2006: SME | Supply Chain Management at T- Systems for BMW Group, Germany
- May 2000-March 2005: SAP - Supply Chain Management for Global MNCs
- 2015: Harvard Business School, Driving Growth Through Innovation
- 2015: Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, Design thinking
- 2014: Indian School of Business, Leadership For Top Management
- 2003: SAP AG, Germany, SAP Certified Solution Consultant, Supply Chain Management
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, PGDMM, Materials Management
- The Interaction Design Foundation, User Experience & Interaction Design
- Winner "CIO 200' Award-2017
- "Change Agents CIO100" Digital Transformation Leader -2017
- For General Motors, USA “Client Appreciation Award” by EDS
- Special Award for "Setting up SAP Global Delivery" by EDS
- T-Systems Trendmacher Award for "Global Delivery Center for BMW Group, Germany"