Ayi Mawuena d’Almeida
West African Development Bank
Directeur technologies de Information
The West African Development Bank (BOAD) is the common development finance institution of the member countries of the West African Monetary Union (WAMU). It was established by an Agreement signed on 14 November 1973, and became operational in 1976. Member countries include Benin, Burkina, Côte d’Ivoire, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Niger, Senegal, and Togo.
By Treaty of the West African Economic and Monetary Union (WAEMU) signed on 10 January 1994 and entered into force on 1st August 1994, BOAD is a specialized and autonomous institution. It contributes “in full independence to the attainment of the objectives of the WAEMU without prejudice to the objectives assigned to it under the WAMU Treaty”.
BOAD is an international public institution whose purpose, as provided under Article 2 of its Articles of Association, is to promote the balanced development of its member countries and foster economic integration within West Africa by financing priority development projects.
BOAD provides financial assistance to WAEMU member countries to support their development efforts. Such assistance targets various areas, including the organization of workshops, conferences or seminars, the training of government officials and the implementation of social projects.
The Bank also grants interest rate subsidy for non-commercial public sector loans to member countries. Also, BOAD participates in various roundtable meetings with a view of financing national development programmes in the member countries.
Category A shareholders: Republic of Benin, Burkina Faso, Republic of Côte d’Ivoire, Republic of Guinea Bissau, Republic of Mali, Republic of Niger, Republic of Senegal, Togolese Republic, Central Bank of West African States (BCEAO).
Category B shareholders: French Republic, KfW acting on behalf of the German Republic, EIB acting on behalf of the European Union, African Development Bank (AfDB), Kingdom of Belgium, Eximbank of India acting for the Republic of India, People’s Bank of China acting for the People’s Republic of China, Kingdom of Morocco.
I have started working at the West African Bank of Development since 1990.
- From May 2018 till today: Directeur technologies de l'information
- From 2011 till May 2018: IT Director
- From 2009 – 2011: IT Vice Director
- From 2006 – 2009: Head of the Networks‘ Exploitation and Maintenance Department
- From 1990 – 2006: Networks‘ Administrator
In the years 1988 and 1990, I was part of CAFE INFORMATIQUE & TELELCOM’s personnel
- From 1988 – 1990: Sales Director
- From 1987 – 1988: Responsible of NCR‘s products trading
From 1980 to 2000:
- Master degree in Companies’ Administration at Université de Poitiers-France
- Graduate of Ecole Supérieure de Génie Informatique (ESGI) of Paris (France)
- Bachelor in Business Management at Université de CAEN (FRANCE)
- MCSA, MCSE, WINDOWS 2000, 2003,CCNA
- Certified ITIL V3